A grant approved project to purchase Wi-Fi Hotspot devices to provide to customers who are need of at home internet service for school and work. For this project I worked on the experience map to help plan out the workflow between customers and staff. I used a cross-functional flowchart to identify the process from the customer end to the backend. I conducted workshops and interviews with department staff to understand the unique process the device will have to travel from behind the scenes to the customer’s home. After launch I distributed a survey to customers who had the devices checked out for 2 weeks to gather feedback on the service.
- Visio (Experience Map)
My Research, Planning, and Design Process Timeline
- Sketched out the workflow first on paper then a whiteboard for workshops and interview sessions.
- Met with circulation department, acquisitions department, branch staff, and administration to collect feedback on the workflow.
- Finalized the mapping by building the workflow into a Visio cross-functional flowchart.
- Presented workflow at monthly group meeting.
- Product workflow launched. Customers began checking out the devices.
- Sent a survey to customers who had been using the device for at least 2 weeks to gather feedback on services.
Interaction Flows and Mock-ups/Interface Design Examples
Interaction Flow (paper/sketch):
Interaction Flow (whiteboard):
Cross-Functional Experience Map (Visio):